Description of current generation phenomenon by closing the feet circuit with irritating conductive plate and hypothesis about its physiological effect.
The article is dedicated to the investigation of a phenomenon of electric current generation by an individual at the time of walking on wet ground.
The paper also contains and grounds a hypotheses about possible consumption of the generated energy by the structures of limb-reticular complex and hypothalamus.
The article proves the physiological expediency of a new habit – to clean the teeth standing on a spiny metal plate – Dr. Redox rug, which increasingly gets popular in Russia and which makes up the deficiency in contact with nature under these circumstances of megapolis.
It discusses the stretching reflex meaning in spine sanogenesis, interconnection of this behavioral act with the values of the registered EMF and electric current, as well as possible physiological stimulation of stretching through the using of the new habit.
1. Experiment Description:
- Potentiostate PI-50-1
- X-Y recorder PDA-1
- Micro ammeter Ì95
- Main electrodes: Redox applicators – stainless steel plates with incused prickly pins - electrodes as trapezia  and plates coated with silver , as well as silvered plates without pins.
- The experiment was carried out in a group of almost healthy probationers - 30 men in the age of 15 – 45.
- The probationers stood with their bare feet in the prickly and smooth electrodes, then they shifted their body weight - watching a metronome - from one foot to another, keeping the circuit closed and leaving a light contact of non-loaded foot with electrode. A measuring instrument - an ammeter or potentiostate, as shown on magazine cover - was switched in the circuit between two electrodes. X-Y recorder recorded the instrument readings. The men felt a mechanical, prickly irritation in their feet. The walking on place together with circuit breaking was less informative, it complicates the registration of physical parameters and is not subject of this work.
2. Experiment Data:
The curve 1 shows a chronamperogram of walking barefoot on wet ground. At that, the silvered smooth plates served as analogues of conductive ground.
- Curve 2 shows big currents by imitation of walking barefoot on a prickly applicator and currents increase while stretching.
- Curve 3 shows currents increase on a prickly applicator after 40 minutes of physical load.
- Curve 4 shows a changing dynamics generated between the feet by the electromotive force (EMF) after losing tactile sensitivity as a result of anesthetization of both feet with chloroethane.
The curves show EMF and alternate current arise between the feet while shifting the body weight from one leg to another, imitating a barefoot walk on wet ground.
3. Discussion of Experiment Data:
We can suppose that the membrane potential - propriosensitive, tactile, nociceptive feet receptors - is a source of electric energy. At heavy, prickly contact with pin-electrodes the receptors get stimulated, what means a generation of action potential on their membranes. By decrease of load to a light contact with prickly electrodes the feeling receptor membranes of foot get a rest potential. By shifting the body weight from one foot to another the potentiostate (in a opened circuit status) registers alternating EMF (Curve 4). The current is registered by closing the circuit (Curves 1, 2, 3).
When a probationer stands on smooth plates, the EMF and electric current value, despite significantly large area of contact with skin, means significantly less than by using pin plates in the experiment. It can be explained by correlation between the action potential module on receptor membrane with irritator force, and thus generation on higher potential difference by alternate feet irritation.
The value of registered EMF drops significantly upon the feet treatment with chlorethane (Curve 4) due to disorder in the generation of action potential on the receptor membranes during anesthetization. EMF increases to the original values while tactile sensitivity returns. It also points to a correlation between the excitement force and action potential value, and as a result a value of generated current.
The fact of currents increase after 40 minutes of physical load is interesting and points to skin-galvanic reaction in generation of these currents, what can be explained by increase of conductivity of the whole organism. It correlates with data of À.S. Osenniy and À.À. Putilov 
Basis of Physiological Character of Processes Showed in Experiment.
As mentioned above , the discovered mechanism of human's generation of biological currents is of physiological nature, because it can be reproduced in natural conditions. The barefoot walk on a conductor (e.g. wet grass or ground) corresponds to the described experiment. At that, the traditional Russian medicine has a postulate about extraordinary usefulness of such «procedure». We have also obtained stats data from survey of customers of new habit - cleaning the teeth standing on metal applicator - which earnestly proof a positive subjective perception of its accumulative effect . The majority of customers noted improvement of health, mood, reduction of headaches frequency or no headaches at all, removal of meteopathic reactions. The data about reduction of backaches of people with originally proved spine pathology and with previously non-differentiated dorsalgy of possibly vertobrogenic character turned out to be the most reliably ones. Most patients from this group pointed to more frequents pandiculation impulses in comparison with the period before getting a habit of using the prickly metal applicator.
Physiological Effect of Described Phenomenon.
One of hypothesis explaining physiological effect of this mechanism of electric current generation by humans - it is a possible consumption of generated electric energy by central brain structures. This hypothesis is supported by the fact that nerves impulse has electric nature, and the electric circuit, formed by closure of circuit between the feet, is possible large enough and includes perceptive structures of central nervous system. The latter, in response to peripheral signal, also form excitement centers accompanied by depolarization o neuron membranes, generation of potential difference, EMF and, as a result, micro-currents. It is quite logical that the nervous system, which uses neuron as working unit, generating the nerves impulse of electric nature, electric energy of low modality is not indifferent and will be consumed by relevant structures. The most possible «consumers» include:
- Reticular formation, what explains the consumer's pointing to better health, weakness relief, better working ability
- Limbic structures, what correlated with improvement of emotional sphere and motivation increase by those using the applicator regularly
- Hypothalamic structures, what may cause effective headaches relief, connected with vascular dystonia and meteopathic vegetative reactions.
The summary effect of impact on these structures might increase the watch level (consciousness, attention, concentration ability, effective and situational reactions etc.), energization of adaptation mechanisms and improvement of all organs and systems regulation.
The fact of EMF increase by pandiculation is interesting. At that, when a probationer pointed to a pleasure feeling, accompanying the pandiculation act, EMF rose on the graph higher than in case, when there was no such indication.
Taking into account the described facts we can take as working hypothesis the one about conductivity increase of CNS structures, included in the circuit formed during the experiment, due to the production of endorphins therein, which present bio-chemical analogue of subjective perception of pleasure.
The EMF registration experiment during pandiculation act was based on the above mentioned data about consumers' indication on number of pandiculation within a day in the process of using metal applicators, what was also previously noted. 
The act itself or reflex of pandiculation (both terms can be found in books), typical not only to humans but to many vertebrates as well, is considered by the authors as rather interesting, little studied and underestimated phenomenon in respect of its physiological effect. The hypothesis about sanogenetic role of this behavioral act/reflex in relation to pathological and premorbid conditions of spine seem quite earnest. We know experiment on electric stimulation of this reflex 
It is known that many physiotherapy exercises, developed in ancient times and nowadays, include exercises for spine stretching by back muscles, as it happens during pandiculation.
Different methods of dry and water extension are well-known, widely used and have already proved their efficiency by degenerative spine diseases.
We suppose that the natural spine extension mechanism is a physiological basis of these current treatment methods. It is a complex reflector behavioral act realized arbitrarily in response to impulsive urges. The nature of these urges – impulsation from sensitive to hypoxia receptors, presumably situated in perivertebral tissues. Its physiological effect is confirmed by «endorphin remuneration», expresses by subjective perception of pandiculation as act accompanied by pleasure (eating food gets similar "remuneration", the reproduction behavior and other most significant biological processes).
It is obvious that the natural spine extension mechanism by the back muscles is much less traumatic than artificial extension used in neurology. It is quite possible that it will also turn to be more effective. Thus a question arises about resources for pandiculation stimulation with humans for preventive and medical effect in relation to degenerative spine diseases.
The authors think that the above mentioned indications of consumers with a habit to clean the teeth standing on Redox Rug of pandiculation frequency increase is demonstration of such stimulation. It is quite possible that a reason for such effect on pandiculation reflex is a backside of the reason for extinction of this reflex by humans in comparison with many animals. Perhaps, exactly the increase of chemoreceptors sensitivity of perivertebral tissues to hypoxia in response to impact of micro-currents generated on the applicator is the reason for pandiculation stimulation with consumers.
Diagnostic Meaning of Described Phenomenon.
The generated currents and EMF value represent function of body weight, moisture and skin, age, conductivity, emotional condition, pressure, temperature, neural activity and other physiological parameters of humans, what will be reported in further works.
- S.L. Bougrov, V.A. Sokolskiy, O.N. Goutkina. RF Invention Patent # 2146122 dated 17.03.1998.
- A.S. Osenniy, À.À. Poutilova. Coefficient of skewness of human body conductivity – index of functional organism status during adaptation period//Evaluation and forecasting of functional status in physiology: Theses of report. Frunze, 1980. p. 207-209.
- S.L. Bougrov, O.N. Goutkina. «Dr. Redox ATAS Therapy». Nizhny Novgorod, 1998.
- S.L. Bougrov, O.N. Goutkina, U.Y. Ruzhentsova. «Gymnastics with Natural Redox Currents – New Good Habit». The Bulletin of the European Postgraduate Centre of Acupuncture and Homoeopathy. Moldova. October, 2000. p.170.
- I.V. Moukhina, S.L. Bougrov, N.S. Vetrova and others. «Dynamics of Variability Change and Heart Rhythm at Surface Reflex Therapy on Dr. Redox applicators by young persons. Theses of reports. Third All-Russian School-Conference on Blood Circulation Physiology with International Participants. Moscow, 2004. p. 64-65.
- A.D. Slonim. Instinct. Secrets of Inherent Organism Behavior. L., Science Publishing House, 1967.